Thursday, November 12, 2009

Improv Everywhere

So recently I have fallen a little bit in love with Improv Everywhere. I mean, how can you NOT fall in love with a group that does spontaneous musicals ?

Unfortunately I can't ever keep a straight face, so I'd never work as a comic actor/improv everywhere agent. But a girl can dream, can't she? And their stuff is way fun, so who wouldn't want to be a part of it?

I think my favorite thing that they did was the surprise wedding reception. And the couple that got it is just the cutest. I mean, if you're going to do the courthouse thing, this is the way to do it.

4 comments:

  1. If there had been a puppy in that, it would have been the most adorable thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it still improv if it's all pre-planned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to their website, they call it "Improv" Everywhere because it's mostly learning the skills they got from improv (most of the founders are from UCB NYC). And there is some improv from the reactions, even if the situations themselves are planned.

    Also, way to ruin it, Moye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My take on Improv Everywhere is that they're mostly harmless, but they may have played a part in psychological warfare campaigns against certain people - and the participants would not know.

    http://areyoutargeted.com/2009/11/15/army-of-losers/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails