Saturday, November 14, 2009

12 Dates of Christmas

Last year, Will and I decided that instead of giving each other gifts, we were going to do "The 12 Dates of Christmas," and go on 12 dates in the month of December.

It didn't work.

First I'd like to add the disclaimer/public service announcement that I know that the 12 Days of Christmas are the 12 days after Christmas, leading up to Epiphany. But these are the 12 Dates of Christmas. That's different.

Part of the problem is that we didn't come up with enough things to do in LA, and part of the problem is that we're lazy bums who sometimes like our couches and our computers too much.

I'd like to try it again this year, so I've started looking for things we can do on our dates. One of them will be an at-home date - pizza and FINALLY finishing Secret of Mana. We started this game in 2004 on an emulator on his laptop, and then stopped, and then got it for our Wii and started again, but then stopped again. If we do nothing else this Christmas, we will finish the game.

Aside from that, though, I'm not entirely sure. There has to be some sort of Trail of Lights or something like that in LA like there is in Austin, we just need to find it. And some sort of neighborhood that goes all out with the Christmas decorations, like that neighborhood in the mountain in Austin. The one where some friends of the family decided to go the humorous route and did it halfway, and then put a mannequin up in ladder and then wrapped the lights around him, so that it looked like someone got all tangled up while trying to put them up. It's a clever and creative way of only decorating half your house.

Aside from finding those things, which I am assuming exist in LA, I'm not entirely sure what else we'll do. I'm sure we can come up with something, though. I mean, that's already 3, so we only need to come up with 9 more.

ask for suggestions

2 comments:

  1. Bad movie night (suggestions: Snakes on a Plane, Crank, Crank 2, Return to Horror High, 2012), some sort of lessons, like cooking or dancing, a cookoff either with each other or double date with friends, karaoke, pretentious art night (go to an art gallery and pretend to understand the art in snooty voice. It's actually pretty fun, I used to do this at First Friday).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above ones are great suggestions. I, of course like the idea of going dancing, you know me... A bike ride on the beach since both of you own bikes now is another thought.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails