Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Exercise

So you know how this summer was supposed to be "The Summer Of Fitness"?

Yeah, didn't happen.

I guess I just have to figure out what exercise I enjoy enough, or at least get enough out of, that I'm able to overcome the dread that I have every time it's time for me to go do it.

The month or so before I went to Australia my junior year of college I was living at home, since school in Australia goes March-November, as their summer is flipped from the US's. While I was living at home, my mom made me go to Jazzercise with her regularly, which I originally hated her for, but then, in spite of myself, ended up actually enjoying a bit. Which begs the question:

Is Jazzercise the only kind of exercise I will ever enjoy?

At one point I looked up nearby Jazzercise places, and one of them had a picture of women all excited to be doing Jazzercise.

Old women.

Not old like you, mom. Like, really old. Maybe in their 70s.

Am I too young for the only kind of exercise I will ever enjoy?

I suppose I should look at other options. There are exercise classes here on campus that I could look at. Each semester they also have the Try-Athalon, where you (and a buddy or two, if you want) have 3 weeks to do the equivalent to an Iron Man. I mean, between Will and I, we can totally swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles in 3 weeks. Right?

I think we're going to give it a shot. And actually do it this year, rather than just say we're going to do it and then fail to darken the door of the gym for the entire time that the Try-Athalon is happening.

So we're going to do it.

For reals.

Stop rolling your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails