Saturday, July 17, 2010

Moving

So I've accepted a position at a university in Texas, and our time LA is quickly coming to a close. It's been a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, because I've made amazing friends here and have grown and learned so much over the past 3 years. Even though I know that the decision to move is the right one for personal reasons, and that professionally, this new position is going to be a great step, I kind of wish we could just stay here. But everything changes, so I guess you have to change with it.

The timeline is pretty quick - my last day of work is on the 23rd, the moving company comes on the 26th, and we drive out on the 27th. At some point in that we have to start packing, finish packing, move everything from our storage unit, close out all my work stuff, and figure out our drive from LA to Texas. Oh, and maybe squeeze in a goodbye party if we can make that work as well.

Here goes nothing!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Texas! I too made the same move 18 months ago (from NYC) for a job at a University in San Antonio...and I think it may be the same one. :) Good Luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen,

    You are an incredible RD and AB staff leader! I am going to miss seeing you around LMU, but I hope you come back to visit soon. In the meantime, I'll do my best to go visit the Lone Star State!

    All my love,
    Casey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails